Instructor: Tracy Walton
This is the fifth course in the More about Cancer Care and Massage Series. In this session Tracy Walton will show you why it is important to know about prostate cancer: More than 2.5 million prostate cancer survivors live in the US, and about 242,740 new cases are diagnosed each year. Although treatment has a high success rate, prostate cancer can be a profoundly isolating experience for men, and massage therapy can be a vital support during monitoring, treatment, and post treatment.
In this course, you will learn:
• The types of prostate cancer and common treatments
• When and how massage therapy should be adapted to cancer treatment
• Questions to ask clients with prostate cancer and how to use their answers in your treatment plan
You will leave this course with an overview of prostate cancer and an understanding of the common massage adjustments needed to work safely and confidently.
Note: This course series reinforces and expands upon some important concepts from the popular Massage in Cancer Care series. This series goes beyond general issues to focus on the two most common cancer types?breast and prostate?with vital information for the massage therapist. Each course series stands alone, and the first cancer series is not required for participation in this series.
You agree to these terms if you purchase this course:
1. You understand that this course offers reliable, yet limited education in massage therapy; therefore, this is not a certification program.
2. You understand that this course provides continuing education hours, and completion of this course does not imply certification, endorsement, or authorization of any sort for my practice or teaching of massage therapy; therefore, you agree to not represent yourself directly or by implication in marketing activities or any communications to clients or others that you are certified, endorsed, or authorized by the Benjamin Institute, or any other agency to practice or teach massage therapy on the basis of participation in this course.
3. You agree to conduct your practice of massage therapy in accordance with the ethical and legal guidelines of the organizations to which you belong or by which you are licensed or registered.
By purchasing this product, you verify your understanding of and agreement to these three statements and limitations.
Free course previews are only available for individual courses. Please choose a course below:
Access all site content starting at $29
Get 90-Day Access for $25
Get 90-Day Access
Continuing Education Hours
Foundations of Massage Therapy for Breast and Prostate Cancer: 1.5
Lymphedema Risk: A Hidden Massage Therapy Contraindication : 1.5
Breast Cancer and Massage Therapy: 1.5
How Breast Cancer Treatment Affects Massage Therapy: 1.5
Prostate Cancer, Treatment, and Massage Therapy: 1.5
Teaching Massage to Caregivers: The Touch, Caring, and Cancer Home Instruction Program: 1.5
TOTAL: 9 CE hours